Terminating My Studies

How do I terminate my studies?

Whilst we are always sad to see a student leave the University, we understand that there may be occasions where this is necessary.


This is a big decision to make, however, and, before doing so, we would recommend that you book an appointment with your personal tutor to discuss your options.


We also recommend that you contact our Income Team (income@dmu.ac.uk) to discuss any potential financial implications of a Termination of Studies.


International students should also contact our Immigration Compliance Team (immigrationcompliance@dmu.ac.uk) as termination will likely have implications for your visa.


If, after taking the above advice, you still wish to leave the University you would just need to complete the Termination of Studies Form and send it to your Programme Leader to approve.


Once the Programme Leader has signed off your form the Faculty Office can then process it for you.


Please note, if you leave the University you would need to wait a minimum of two years before returning.


If you just want to take some time away from the University please refer to our Leave of Absence process.

If you do decide to leave the University we would like to wish you the best of luck for the future, and in your next steps

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Talk to us

Have any questions? We are always open to talk about how we can support you.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *